Lightweight gear for heavy-duty protection.
Sure—it’s not necessarily likely to happen, but if you do sustain an injury while you’re paddling through the Waimak’ Gorge, you’re going to get a bit chilly waiting for rescue teams to arrive. With the Emergency Foil Survival Bag, at least you won’t need to worry about hypothermia while you wait for extraction.
Made from a mylar heat-reflective foil, this bag will reflect 90% of your body heat, preventing the early onset of hypothermia if you’re already wet or if the weather takes a turn for the worse. As soon as you climb in, it will deflect any rain or biting wind coming from 360 degrees around you. Light and compact, this bag will fit into any backpack, or even the pocket of your life jacket, with ease. While this bag is a great asset in any paddler’s kit, it’s a popular buy for those competing in the Coast to Coast.
- Mylar heat reflective foil reflects 90% of body heat and is resistant to cracking, mildew, and shrinkage.
- Waterproof and windproof material deflects the elements.
- Large bag shape facilitates protection on all sides.
- Lightweight and compact size enables stowage in any PFD pocket.
- Meets Coast to Coast and NZ multisport racing standards.
- Material: Mylar heat reflective foil.
- Shape: Large bag (climb inside).
- Water resistant: Yes.
- Windproof: Yes.