Contact us to try a demo in Christchurch.
Minimal weight, maximum performance.
Whether you’re an experienced racer who loves those ultra-long distances, or a beginner who wants to make good time on the water, a smooth, lightweight paddle is an absolute essential. Produced by a top-tier South African brand, the hand-built Gara Odin River Racing Wing Paddle will make any length of race that much easier to speed through.
Super light and stiff carbon fibre blades have a low swing weight, keeping your strokes free and fast as you rip downstream. A world class teardrop blade shape delivers an early and smooth catch, a stable power phase, and a clean exit. Made from carbon fibre and fibreglass, the shaft features an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. The split-shaft design enables on-the-go adjustments to length or feather. If you’re an entry-level or smaller built paddler competing in the Coast to Coast Race, this is a great choice of paddle for you.
- Blade Tips: Lightweight bi-axle fibreglass (non-metal) reinforced tips. Tip reinforcement improved in 2019 for better Waimak’ durability. Care should still be taken in shallow rivers for the longest possible blade-life.
- Blade Material: Ultralight carbon-fibre "river" layup.
- Shaft Material: Orange colour, 40% carbon, 60% glass. The optimum mix of stiffness vs flex.
- Shaft: Straight shaft 2 piece adjustable split with hand operated clamp. Stow apart, and rinse thoroughly after use in salt water.
- Adjustment Range: Full range of feather adjustment for left and right handed paddlers with degree indicators.
- Grip: Key grip included. Standard is right handed grip. Left handed grip available on special order.
- Total Paddle Weight: 630g (Odin-XS).
- Blade Size: 472mm x 159mm.
- Blade Area: 641cm2.
- Recommended Use: Entry-level multisport, smaller built athletes in stable boats, or ultra long distance racing.
- Blade Size: 478mm x 166mm.
- Blade Area: 677cm2.
- Recommended Use: Intermediate multisport, stronger athletes in intermediate boats, or medium-long distance racing.
- Blade Size: 494mm x 170mm.
- Blade Area: 740cm2.
- Recommended Use: Elite-level multisport, well conditioned athletes in intermediate-elite boats, or shorter distance racing.