Tailwind Nutrition Endurance Fuel is all you need, all day. Really! A drink you can use in a hydration pack while you paddle (and run/bike) that takes care of all your energy and electrolyte needs. It dissolves completely on contact with water and cleans up with just a quick rinse of water. No film, no gooey mess. This stuff is gaining in popularity as a complete fuel replacement which is perfect for the Coast to Coast and other events.
- Ingredients: Dextrose (Glucose), Sucrose, Sodium Citrate, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Citrate.
- Usage instructions: Each scoop (27g) delivers 100 calories. Under 2 hour activities mix with water at a rate of 1-2 scoops per 24 oz bottle (about 710ml) or in a hydration pack. For 2+ hours, you can use as a sole fuel by mixing 2- 2.5 scoops per 24 ounces (710ml), aiming for 250 calories per hour as a starting point. Adjust up or down to personal calorie needs and taste preference.
- Easy on Your Gut: Nothing is worse than training hard for an event only to have it all undone by a stomach tied up in knots. Surprisingly, many drinks contain ingredients that can slow or even stop digestion. NOT Tailwind.
- Tasty All Day: Most drink flavours on the market are tough to take on a long day. These mild flavours are just sweet enough to keep you sipping, but not so sweet you get sick of it.
- Complete Energy and Electrolytes: Potent energy and electrolytes are all you need to go all day. No juggling gels, pills, or chews—just pour, shake, and go. Most drinks require you to supplement calories and don’t contain anywhere near the electrolytes needed to replace what you sweat out. This fuel can meet your complete calorie needs, and sipping it regularly gives you steady energy all day. Also has a full complement of electrolytes that mimic the composition and proportions of sweat, so you don’t have to take separate electrolyte pills to make up for what’s not in your drink