Contact us to try a demo in Christchurch.
Minimal blade size, maximum performance.
Whether you’re an experienced racer who loves those ultra-long distances, or a beginner who wants to make good time on the water, a small, lightweight paddle is an absolute must for you. Produced by a top-tier South African brand, the hand-built Gara Odin-XS Racing Wing Paddle will make any length of race that much easier to speed through.
Super light and stiff carbon fibre blades have a low swing weight, keeping your strokes free and fast as you rip downstream. A smaller-sized, teardrop blade shape delivers an early and smooth catch, a stable power phase, and a clean exit. Made from carbon fibre and fibreglass, the shaft features an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. The split-shaft design enables on-the-go adjustments to length or feather. If you’re an entry-level or smaller built paddler competing in the Coast to Coast Race, this is a great choice of paddle for you.
- Extra small blades work well for beginners or small-to-midsize athletes on the longest runs.
- Lightweight carbon fibre blades enable maximum energy transfer and decrease swing weight for extra speed.
- Used by current world champions.
- Ideal for multisport racing
- Blade Tips: Lightweight bi-axle fibreglass (non-metal) reinforced tips. Tip reinforcement improved in 2019 for better Waimak’ durability. Care should still be taken in shallow rivers for the longest possible blade-life.
- Blade Material: Ultralight carbon-fibre "river" layup.
- Shaft Material: Orange colour, 40% carbon, 60% glass. The optimum mix of stiffness vs flex.
- Shaft: Straight shaft 2 piece adjustable split with hand operated clamp. Stow apart, and rinse thoroughly after use in salt water.
- Adjustment Range: Full range of feather adjustment for left and right handed paddlers with degree indicators.
- Grip: Key grip included. Standard is right handed grip. Left handed grip available on special order.
- Paddle Weight: 630g.
- Blade Size: 472mm x 159mm.
- Blade Area: 641cm2.
Choosing Your Paddle Length
For Coast to Coast multisport kayaking we recommend a paddle length based on your height with a 10cm adjustment range for fine-tuning.
- Paddler height: 145cm to 172cm, recommended paddle length: 202-212cm.
- Paddler height: 172cm to 183cm, both the 202-212cm or 208-218cm options should work for you. Go for the shorter length option if you measure lower on the height scale, and the longer option if you measure at the taller end.
- Paddler height: 183cm or taller, recommended paddle length: 208-218cm.