Pre-order now for limited stock arriving approximately end of July 2020.
Minimal blade size, maximum performance.
Whether you’re an experienced racer who loves those ultra-long distances, or a beginner who wants to make good time on the water, a small, lightweight paddle is an absolute must for you. Produced by a top-tier South African brand, the hand-built Gara Odin-XS Racing Wing Paddle will make any length of race that much easier to speed through.
Super light and stiff carbon fibre blades have a low swing weight, keeping your strokes free and fast as you rip downstream. A smaller-sized, teardrop blade shape delivers an early and smooth catch, a stable power phase, and a clean exit. Made from carbon fibre and fibreglass, the shaft features an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. The split-shaft design enables on-the-go adjustments to length or feather. The included, protective travel bag facilitates a safe transport experience, lengthening the life of the blades and keeping them performance-ready. If you’re an entry-level or smaller built paddler competing in the Coast to Coast Race, this is a great choice of paddle for you.
- Extra small blades work well for beginners or small-to-midsize athletes on the longest runs.
- Lightweight carbon fibre blades enable maximum energy transfer and decrease swing weight for extra speed.
- Comes with handy padded travel bag for increased paddle lifespan.
- Used by current world champions.
- Ideal for multisport racing
- Tips: Lightweight bi-axle fibreglass tips. These are not metal. Care needs to be taken when paddling shallow rivers to prolong the life of the blades. Tip construction improved in 2019 for better Waimak’ durability.
- Blade Material: Ultralight carbon-fibre river layup.
- Shaft Material: Bright orange colour, 40% carbon, 60% glass. The optimum mix of stiffness vs forgiveness.
- Shaft: Straight shaft 2 piece adjustable split with hand operated clamp (always stow apart, and rinse thoroughly after use in salt water).
- Adjustment Range: Full range of feather adjustment for left and right handed paddlers with degree indicators.
- Grip: Key grip included. Standard is right handed grip. Left handed grip available on special order.
- Bag: Comes with padded travel bag.
- Paddle Weight: 630g.
- Blade Size: 472mm x 159mm.
- Blade Area: 641cm2.